Tuesday, July 30, 2013

My Book Review: "Secrets of Closing the Sale" by Zig Ziglar



I feel like I’ve said this often, but this time I really mean it. Zig Ziglar’s “Closing the Sale,” is definitively the best book I have read this year. Dare I say it may even rival Dave Ramsey’s “The Total Money Makeover.” In fact, during an interview that I had earlier today, I actually said to my interview when asked what is the last great book I read, I mentioned this book, along with the fact that this should be required reading in every high school across the country.

Admittedly this is the first Zig Ziglar book that I have ever read, and I can assure you that it will not be my last. In fact I informed my wife after finishing a rented copy from the library, that we will immediately buy this book and I plan to read it upon arrival 10 times in a row, much like I did with Ramsey’s “TMM.”

Ziglar offers straightforward yet life changing advice throughout every single page. And this book will benefit your life whether you call yourself a salesman or not. He addressed and caused me to reflect on my attitude, approach and ability to help others with products/services that I am truly passionate about. Or in my case to keep the momentum going and not get discouraged as I am seeking to make the transition from my day job to my dream job.

Ziglar is a great writer and from the introduction offers a stunningly relatable approach. I truly felt, whether reading on the bus, on a train, or on the patio at work, like I was sitting in my living room and having a friendly fireside chat with my best friend of 30 years. Ziglar is engaging, thought provoking and painfully relatable J.


Having read this book only once I will refrain my summarizing any of his points, mainly out of the fact that there is no possible way I could do them justice. Ziglar has an eloquence, sophistication and down to earth feel that I sincerely have never read before in my life. I will say though that I put some of his suggestions and approaches to work already and have received excellent results. This past weekend my wife and I were in New Carlisle, Indiana helping out her family’s company, and just about every suggestion of Zig’s panned out for me. The only drawback is that I read the material for the first time and have not had decades to master it. But hopefully I soon will. So if you can’t tell from my subtleness, yes I highly recommend Zig Ziglar’s “Secrets” to anyone with a pulse!

No comments:

Post a Comment