Monday, April 6, 2015

My Return

461 days….

That’s how long it has taken me to realize how much of an asshole I have been for not continuing to write in this blog. It’s definitely not been for lack of thoughts or a shortage of topics. The truth is I let a few miniscule circumstances and technicalities open the door for my laziness to step up to the forefront and take over the joy I received day in and day out from this blog.

Well that is no more…

It blows my mind that it has been almost a year and a half since my last entry. So much life has happened, there have been so many changes and yet so much remains the same. I am still working in the financial industry and loving Chicago. My wife and I are still living the debt free life as we celebrated our fifth wedding anniversary late last month. And our mutual fund investments are continuing to outpace my expectations.

As for the changes, well, there’s been quite a few after nearly a year and a half, but there really is only one change that takes the cake and stands out above all the rest. In less than two months, I will become more than just a (sporadic) blogger and (self proclaimed) personal financial wizard. (Hopefully) By the end of May, I will become a father as my wife and I will welcome our first baby to our little family. Here’s a picture of our little one that will hopefully make you go AWWWWW!















Now we are holding back the gender of our baby from family and friends. Clothing wise we want tons of vibrant and bright colors that are gender neutral from our loved ones, so that if baby number two ends up being a different gender, then the hand me downs would be just fine to pass from one child to the next. (You see me working there?!)

Needless to say I am excited and unbelievably stoked for this next phase of life. I’ll dive more into this and many other topics in later posts, but for now I wanted to share that I missed you all, I’m sorry for being an asshole, and I hope you still find the musings of this semi-astute North Sider, at the very least interesting. Oh, and to a very awesome reader of my peculiar musings out in Charlotte, thank you for giving me just what I needed at just the right time :)

1 comment:

  1. Glad I could help :) you and your wife are a true inspiration to all of us out there living the Baby Steps. Congratulations to both of you on your baby on the way!!!!!

    ReplyDelete