Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Book Review: "Who Moved My Cheese" by Spencer Johnson


             This book is a delightful ditty that I love to read from time to time. Although told in what arguably is a childhood story format, this quick read is vastly profound in the subject of change. It reminds me that life is always in constant motion and relationships, work and everything in between is always moving. The ideal place to be is to anticipate and expect changes in life to be constant and always be open to adapting. I love this particular story because it reminds me to never settle and be forward looking. In a personal way, I do get apprehensive wondering about the future. Where I will live, if I make the right decision? And every now and then I find comfort in the safety of what is familiar and think, Well, what’s so bad about Chicago?
             That’s when I find this book to be the handiest. It challenges me to look beyond my comfort level and acknowledge that what awaits around the corner has the potential to be equal or greater than what I know today. In my own life this has been true 100% of the time. There was a time when I was afraid to leave Los Angeles, and I wouldn’t trade my college experience away from California for anything in the world. I once was afraid of leaving my college town for fear of finding employment and being away from my alumni network, and I have been blessed with my current position now that is helping to funnel my dreams. I highly recommend this book to all and hope that you too move to find it, rather than wondering where it went.

No comments:

Post a Comment