Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Intro

You know I have always found the first lines of an introduction to be the hardest to write? There, now that’s out of the way and I can focus on this. I’m Rob, I’m 26 years old, and utilizing this blog to document my journey from having nothing, to having a net worth of $1 million dollars. Truth be told when I graduated from college with my undergraduate degree, I started somewhere in the negative $20 thousand range. Somewhere in between then and now, I got sick and tired of being sick and tired and decided to get on a plan for my life, for my goals, and for my finances.
            Here are some X’s and O’s about me to get started: I am married with no kids (D.I.N.K approved) and my wife and I live in the North Side of Chicago. We are both employed full-time and together, our only outstanding debt is my wife’s private student loan from a family member. Because I am a nerd and calculate out our net worth every quarter, I’m looking forward to posting our progress on neat little charts, although I have my mind set on one of those thermometers used in high school fundraisers, but I suppose those are projects for the future. At the end of the previous quarter, June 30th, 2011, our net worth stood at $241,547.71
            The largest asset component of our tally currently is my 1/3 ownership of an inherited debt-free residential property in Southern California that I co-own. The remaining amount of it is made up of investment vehicles used for long-term goals and retirement accounts and good old fashioned blood, sweat and tears. I look forward to sharing my progress, strategies, and general thoughts of what makes the world go round with all of you. So sit back, relax, and come on this journey with a slacker from California, who found a clue along the way.

No comments:

Post a Comment